Whatever you want it’s highly likely that we can provided it but you do need to give some thought to what you’re going to ask for, for example:
- I need support getting up in the morning and getting ready for the day
- I need a little help lunchtime and tea-time
- I need somebody to take me out shopping or a social visit
- I would like some support with my medication
- I need some assistance evening time when I go to bed
- I need somebody with me all of the time
First contact is often on the telephone (but you can also complete the online request) where we will talk to you about why you want care or support, what your needs are and how you would like us to help. We will also give you advice during the call and talk about your options, we’ll explain who we are, what we do as an agency, how we could help and what you would like to do next.
Should you wish, the next stage is to come and visit you with more information, possibly with family or others present and talk in a little more detail about what you want, our experiences and how we could help. You are under no obligation but often clients want to go ahead with care and we move on to the assessment but if you do not go ahead we are happy to leave you with information, so you can make a decision in your own time.